Monday, May 26, 2014

16 weeks, 6 days!



16 Week Update

 We had our 16 week ultrasound and appointment on Thursday at the high risk clinic at UMC. So, this is how it works. The Resident Doctor’s switch off taking care of the patients and the main Dr. oversees them and if they have questions they grab the main Dr. and then he assists with the appointment. We saw a very nice Resident Dr. this time and since this was just her first year as a Dr. this was the first triplet patient she has seen. She was very thorough with answering my questions and listening. She then gave me an ultrasound and the look on her face was so cute. You can tell she was kind of freaked out like I was like Octomom or something. She only saw two at first and then I told her there is one way up here and then she moved the ultrasound up way high and sure enough there was one up there! She said at 16 weeks your uterus usually isn’t so high up but of course my uterus is measuring 6 weeks greater than what I actually am. She didn’t know how to read my cervix length, well because there were so many babies! She called in Dr. M and he repeated the ultrasound. Everything looked great with the babies. The previa is still present, but my cervix was long at 3.3cm so that’s good! We got a very good idea on the gender of Baby C, and then last time we got a very good idea on the gender of Baby B. But, he wasn’t confident yet to confirm for sure. We will find out for sure in a week and a half at the anatomy scans. Baby A’s gender is a complete mystery. I’m still trying to decide if I want to do a little gender reveal party. Anyway, the Dr. reminded me that I am half way there and the first half is the easy part. Oh boy! I already can’t roll in bed and have sciatica pain! But, it will all be worth it when they are all here safe and healthy.

We looked at mini vans yesterday and our little remodel is underway. Basically, we are taking the deep part of our garage and making it into a bedroom with a big closet and we play to use that as our offices. I am looking forward for that to be completed so I can begin decorating the nursery. I love decorating! Noah has been singing the song grandpa wrote for him entitled “Baby A, Baby B, Baby C.” I think he knows what is going on and let’s just say he’s not too thrilled about it. My friend reminded me that he won’t know any different and he will not remember when he was a spoiled only child and this is the best thing that can happen to a kid. Instant playmates! I’m still okay so I am taking Noah out almost every day to do things. One day we meet friends at the zoo, the next we have play dates at either our house or other people’s houses. I joined a multiples group and have been taking Noah to get to know the kids. It is at a place called the Parent Connection. A nice young mother of twins I met at the park nearby has been really helpful in getting me connected with other moms of multiples including triplets. I feel very blessed and thankful for that!

Thank you very much to everyone who has been praying for us and the triplets! I can’t wait until I get to 28 weeks. I am also nervous to see how big my  belly is going to get. At night, I am obsessed with googling belly pics of triplet moms about to deliver. Lol. I am still very nervous and anxious about when I will deliver my babies. I am very attached to them and don’t want to lose any of them.

Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Monthly Pregnancy Survey (4 Months!)

How far along: 16 weeks, 6 days
Weight gain/loss: 18 lbs so far
Maternity clothes: Yes; small maternity pants are too snug.
Sleep: Lots of potty breaks so not great sleep.
Best moment this week: Seeing the babies on the ultrasound; Noah singing “1, 2, 3.”
Miss Anything? Playing with Noah constantly and cleaning the house.
Movement: Yes! Mostly from A and C.
Food cravings: Peanut Butter candies they sell around Halloween.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Mornings when I am dehydrated and hungry.
Have you started to show yet? I feel huge.
Gender predictions: I think Boy, Girl, Girl; Tim thinks Boy, Boy, Girl.
Worries: That Baby A’s placenta will not migrate as it should. That I deliver before the babies are viable.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Out!
Stretch Marks: No
Mood: Happy and anxious!
Looking forward to: The anatomy scan at 8 weeks 2 days.

"Us" at 16w6d. Huge growth from last week. I keep saying that :)






My heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment