Sunday, June 8, 2014

18 Week Update



18 weeks, 5 days!


I missed updated my blog last week because I was suddenly struck with a really bad head cold. I’m not used to getting little colds, being that I taught elementary school for years and have a really strong immune system. It woke me up that I need to be better about exposure to germs and how I am more susceptible to them. 10 days later, the cold is still lingering and I am pretty sure it has turned into a sinus infection. I’m trying hard not to cough or blow my nose because I don’t want to irritate my abdomen because I have been having an insane amount of pelvic pressure lately, especially since the big ultrasound the other day. I am also trying hard not to take anything for it. The babies are at a critical time in their growth.

Anyway, we had the anatomy scan on Thursday, June 5th and it went really well. The tech who did it has been doing ultrasounds for 40 years (I didn’t even know that kind of technology was available back then!) It didn’t take as long as I thought it would. She measured each babies’ head, stomach, arm and leg bones, and examined the cords and organs like the heart. Everything was perfect except Baby C only has one umbilical cord artery as opposed to the normal two. This apparently happens in 1 in every 100 “normal” pregnancies. It also almost always occurs in babies with chromosomal issues. The Dr. is not concerned because everything else with the growth checked out fine. Baby A is 8oz, and Babies B and C are 9oz which is perfect for 18w2d. The Dr. measured my fundal height which is now 26cm, so I am essentially measuring 26 weeks. I only gained a pound from two weeks ago so I don’t know what’s up with that because I have been eating a lot of protein lately. Hopefully, the weight pours on over the next few weeks. I want big, healthy babies. We had the tech confirm the genders of Babies B and C (they were already guessed in previous appointments by the Dr.) and left A a mystery for our gender reveal party which we had that evening. We had the tech write on a piece of paper what each baby was and then we had a Resident take a picture of the paper and send it to my friend. She then assembled a three layered cake with the appropriate colors (pink and blue) and brought it to a Pizza place for Tim and me to cut open and enjoy. We cut the cake with Noah on the table and it revealed pink, blue, and pink! Babies A and B are girls and C is a boy! We couldn’t be happier!! Thank you, Lord for these beautiful blessings and all the wonderful things you have in store for them! Thanks mom and dad for treating us to a wonderful little party.

Thank you so much for all the prayers! Lord knows, we truly do need them. A lot of triplet pregnancies are lost between now and 24 weeks. Praying the next two-three months fly by and our babies are healthy.

1 Chronicles 16:34

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.


The big reveal! Two girls and a boy!



Noah about to dig in!

:)


Mommy and daddy are so happy!

Grandma bought Noah some new stuffed animals!


Last week's belly :)

Belly looks rounder this week.

2 comments:

  1. Grandma, Grandpa and Great-Grandpa can't wait to meet our 3 precious Grandchildren, also Great-Grandpa is having another precious Grandchild in November!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for your family! Rest up and enjoy life girl!

    ReplyDelete