Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cadence Rose is Home!

  • Cadence Rose is home! Cadence got discharged on November 17th at 1:00pm so just a week after her brother. She went home oxygen free so she needed just a few more days to practice eating without the oxygen crutch. She had her first pediatrician appointment yesterday (48 hours after discharge) and she got a good bill of health and weighed in at 7lbs8ozs! She has the cutest rolls on her thighs! She had an eye exam today and her Retina problem with her eyes clearer up, thank God! She also has a small to moderate PDA so a heart murmur. She will need to follow up with a cardiologist until it closes. She is such a cute little baby. I call her my Cadee Cakes and Coo Bear because she makes the cutest little baby sounds. She loves to be snuggled with and cries when we put her down. She seems to have her days and nights confused so we need to work on getting her on a schedule. My mom has been amazing and holds her or Jude at night and I hold the other.


    Jude is doing well, too. He gained a lot of weight in one week and is up to 7lbs14ozs! He did have a pretty big reflux episode the other night and his sats went down to 77. I immediately turned on the lights, picked him up, and suctioned milk out of his mouth. It was pretty scary. I asked the pediatrician if normal full term baby with reflux would do the same and she said yes so that made me feel better. Still, I wish his sats didn't go that low. I switched him back to a preemie nipple instead of Level 1 because I think he needs more pacing. Other than that, my little Jude Bug is great and is such a happy, handsome little boy.


    My sweet little Aria is still in the nicu, however, in the past 24 hours has made huge improvements on her eating. I hope and pray her lightbulb turned on with the eating because at this point, that is what is keeping her in the nicu. She is pretty picky on her milk and does not like frozen milk. Tim or I have been going there every day to see her and to give her fresh milk. We want that little chickie home!! She is the only one who has no heart murmur so her PDA has closed up, so that's good! Her eyes are perfect, too. The nurses say that Aria is pretty sassy! I can't wait to get used to little Miss Attitude at home! She weighs 6lbs6ozs. It is so strange going to the nicu now and just having one baby. She keeps getting moved to different rooms whereas when cadence and Jude were there, we were in the same room for 95 days and then the same room until cadence got discharged. I knew this time would come and it is a good thing because it means we are almost done!


    We are getting used to having two at home. My amazing mother has moved in with us and the extra set of hands have been a HUGE blessing! I am not going to lie, we are extremely beat and it has only been 3 nights so far. Hoping we perfect our new routine soon!  We were cracking up on Tuesday morning because when we woke up from our last round of naps (lol, that's what we call sleep), Tim came out and we were passed out with empty baby bottles and dirty diapers all around us. It was like a baby party and they trashed the place but we were the ones who were hung over. Lol! Noah has been a good big brother so far and is not acting jealous (yet). He is so helpful with the babies. He brings me diapers and turns their mamaroos on and off. I was able to have some alone time with him the other day because a doula from a free non profit organization came out to give me a break. It was really nice. We have so many people coming out to our house, from nurses to therapists, and now we are interviewing babysitters/mother's helpers. Our house is always full now :)


    The Lord is so amazing and we are so thankful to Him for our three little blessings. I can't imagine my life without Cadence, Aria and Jude now. Dr. Gelety, the fertility doctor, called the other day to see how my pregnancy turned out because I was right around due date. It brought so much joy to my heart to tell him that I was snuggling with my triplets as we speak :) he was really happy and I thanked him for helping me get pregnant with my four blessings (Noah included!) I am just so thankful for my big, happy family!


    This bible verse is how I feel about my family and all the people who are helping me take care of my family:


    Proverbs 31:15-17

    She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.  She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.  She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.


    Cadence in the car seat!



    Tim holding Jude, me holding Aria, and Dr. Bayder holding Cadence.

    Jude and me with the PT and OT.

    Triple decker stroller at pediatrician app. Can't wait til Aria joins us.

    Little Jude.

    Jude and cadence playing.

    Brother love.

    Cute little Ari.

    Cadence and mommy.





No comments:

Post a Comment