Wednesday, July 30, 2014

26w1d

Well, we made it to 26 yesterday! I honestly never thought I would get to this gestation after my water breaking 11 days ago. We did have confirmation that it was indeed, my son, Jude, who ruptured. I woke up yesterday morning around 4am with rhythmic menstrual-like cramping and noticed I was leaking amnionic fluid and spotting again. I also have been passing my plug the last few days. I wasn't scheduled for another round of steroids until 26w2d but my Dr. ordered it for today, so a day earlier. Since it gave me a lot of contractions the last time, they are really keeping an eye on me. He said he might administer another round of magnesium sulfate. I hope they give me plenty of warning for that because I need Tim here to help me through the initial hard dose of it because last time I was so incredibly thirsty and they wouldn't let me drink so I had to chomp on ice chips. My nurse last time I was given it said she had never seen anyone react so badly on it. Most people think it's awful but I felt like I was going to die. It makes you feel like you are entering the gates of hell with how hot and on fire it makes you feel. I will do anything for these babies though!

The hospital does at least one nonstress test (NST) on the babies each day. It's always hard to get three babies on the monitors (I have no idea where they hide), but once they are on, they always get a good bill of health! The nurses comment on how Jude looks like a 30 week baby with all his accelerations and decelerations.  It makes me feel so much better because I have been worried about this little boy from day 1. First, he is a boy and boys do not typically do as well as preemies. Second, he has a two vessel umbilical cord giving him nutrients instead of the normal three. Third, his water bag broke 11 days ago and he is swimming in practically nothing. They measured his water pocket yesterday and he only had 2cm where as the girls had 6cm. Jude is the St. for when things are hopeless and it seems he is hopeless. My little boy is going to pull through, I just know it! He is going to be a real miracle baby. I felt that way from the beginning with him. From weeks 7-10, he measured a full week behind his sisters and by week 11, he caught up. He is such a fighter. He is the one that my fertility Dr. was recommending that we eliminate. He and his sisters are little fighters and are going to do great things in their lifetimes. I feel honored to carry them and for the opportunity to raise them. I am going to raise them to love Jesus and understand His earthly sacrifice so that we may live.

I miss Noah and Tim terribly. My mom, mother-in-law, and Tim bring Noah here at the hospital everyday. He hung out with me 6 hours on Monday! He is starting to understand that mommy is here now and she has to be here for the babies. He gets bored here so Tim takes him downstairs to the Diamond Children's Center where they have a library, gift shop, and Choo Choo Train. Poor Tim is learning how to balance work, Noah, the pets, and taking care of the house. I am so thankful for him and all he does for our growing family. Right now, as my Dr. puts it, I am "a uterus." Everyday the trio is in mommy equals to 2-3 days in the NICU.

I want to thank all my family and friends who have visited me and sent me gifts! People are so kind and I am so grateful for amazing, generous people in my life. Thank you also to those who have sent me messages of concern and encouragement. I am so blessed.

I have to set small goals for myself so at this point, I am just setting my eyes on them being born in August. Only two more days until August! I just pray for peace as we wait for the trio to arrive.


Psalm 46:10

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”


Noah enjoying hospital food half asleep.


My daily nonstress test. It is quite a task to get all the babies on and to keep them on!

One of my favorite gifts. One of my Dailystrength friends from FL sent me this fun, hands-on project!

25w1d


261d; slightly different angle so I look smaller but even the Dr said I've grown!


No comments:

Post a Comment