Tuesday, July 15, 2014

24 Weeks today!

24 weeks= viability= 28 days 'til 28 weeks! I am honestly amazed that I have even made it this far. I didn't think I would have a chance. I feel now that I have reached this first big milestone that maybe I do have a fighting chance. I am beginning to do things in this pregnancy I never thought I'd get to. I am receiving steroid shots to mature the babies' lungs on Thursday and I did my big one hour glucose tolerance test today. This is really happening! I've recently joined a triplet forum on Facebook and some of those ladies are going to 36+ weeks. Crazy! Average is 32 so hopefully I can get even further than 28.

The babies were measured at my 22 week appointment. Aria and Cadence both weighed 1lb1oz and Jude weighed 1lb2oz. All three looked perfect. The doctors were all pleased with their growth and the next growth ultrasound is at 25 weeks. The 23 week appointment went well, my fundal height measured in at 32 weeks pregnant and my cervix still looked about 3cm long on the ultrasound. Phew! Later that day, my friend who is a professional photographer did our maternity shoot. I love how the pictures came out! Thank you, Maria!

We bought the cribs last weekend! I was waiting until almost 24 weeks. We ended up buying mini cribs at Buy Buy Baby. I love that store! Tim assembled all three and now all we have to do is begin decorating. I am very low energy lately, mostly because my body is in resting mode and I am losing my strength. I think Tim will just have to take orders from me (poor guy is getting used to that).

My mom is throwing me a small baby shower this weekend. Many of my good friends are out of town because it's the summer months, but I am happy to at least have a few friends attend. My mom and I are having fun planning the decorations and favors. My next update will have pictures from the shower!

Thank you everyone for the prayers during this difficult pregnancy. Unfortunately, another mother expecting triplets whom I recently befriend lost her pregnancy a few days ago.  My heart has been hurting with hers. I cannot imagine what she is going through. Please pray for the "H" family during this difficult time.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4:
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."



Monthly Pregnancy Survey 

How far along: 24 weeks!
Weight gain/loss: 31 lbs so far!
Maternity clothes: Yes
Sleep: Lots of potty breaks so not great sleep; can't get comfortable!
Best moment this week: Maternity photoshoot! Noah saying Aria, Cadence and Jude!
Miss Anything? Playing with Noah constantly and cleaning the house.
Movement: Yes! Mostly from A and C.
Food cravings: None.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I feel sick and light headed after eating breakfast.
Have you started to show yet? I am huge
Gender predictions: A- Girl; B- Girl; C- Boy!
Worries: Preterm Labor.Premature Rupture of Membranes (my water breaking)
Labor Signs: Lots of cramping; braxton hick contractions- some are taking my breath away!
Belly Button in or out? Out!
Stretch Marks: Not yet.
Mood: Happy and anxious!
Looking forward to: Baby shower at 24 weeks and of course, 28 weeks!










22w3d

23w6d

No comments:

Post a Comment