Saturday, April 26, 2014

Infertility Awareness Week; 12w4d

Last Tuesday, I officially hit 12 weeks which is a huge milestone! I decided to skip my ultrasound this week, mostly because I finally stopped spotting and don't want to risk the ultrasound wand irritating anything. I  also confident that all three are thriving, as my belly is huge and I was able to clearly find two of their heartbeats on my home Doppler (yes, I own a Doppler. See what infertility does to you?)

That brings me to my next thought. This week is National Infertility Awareness Week and it is near and to my heart. Tim and I wanted to start a family soon after we got married in March of 2008, and we finally got to see out beautiful son on an ultrasound in July of 2011. During that three-year time period, I did a year of clomid, four IUIs (interuterine inseminations), an IVF attempt that was canceled just before the retrieval because the Dr was afraid I didn't produce eggs, and finally our round that produced just 7 eggs but had the golden egg among the 7. I am so lucky and blessed that it worked and looking back, I had a pretty uneventful pregnancy, despite me deeming myself high risk (ha, I now know it wasn't high risk). Right before the retrieval, The Lord led me to 1 Samuel in the Bible and I took Hannah's lament, paraphrased it because I identified with it so much, and put it to a melody and titled it "Give Me a Son." It is my favorite song I've ever written and I wrote it in about an hour! I was recording my Christian album at the time and I got to include it on the album! Guess what- it is # 3- my lucky number. Guess what? The Lord gave me a son! I didn't find out until 17 weeks but I just knew! You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjT2gI7EN9w

Through the toughest part of my infertility, Tim suggested that I join a support group. I joined the the Infertility group on Dailystrength.com in September 2010 and that was the best thing I could have ever done! The women who I "cycled with" were an amazing support to me. I followed so many journeys and learned so much about infertility. I feel so lucky and thankful to have those women in my life! Sometimes, I would just check my Daily Strength page and check up on my girls other than checking on my real friends on Facebook. Not to say my girls aren't real friends but I haven't met any of them in person but it is amazing that I know so much about these women and I've, over the years, devoted a lot of my time getting to know them! And, we now have a private Facebook page and it is amazing because now we have our own special club. One of my infertile friends put infertility like this: "I felt like finding out you are pregnant was like rushing in a sorority and everyone kept getting picked but me." She said it perfectly. But, you know what? Now, we belong to our own exclusive members-only club! In fact, we are meeting in the summer of 2015 for a girls weekend! Tim and my mom said I can leave the kids to enjoy this once on a lifetime experience!

Speaking of once in a lifetime experiences, carrying triplets is definitely one! It is extremely rare. I am doing better this week with my confidence in carrying to 30-32 weeks thanks to all the encouragement I've received from others. I also read that for some reason, multiples mature faster in the womb, and if you've carried a full term baby before then you are more likely to carry longer. I am very thankful to everyone who has offered to help, and to Tim and my mom for helping me take care of Noah and taking care of the house. I am very grateful! Noah has also been kissing mommy's belly three times for each baby. How sweet is that?

1 Samuel 1:11
And she made a vow, saying, "LORD Almighty, if you will only look on your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life!


Pregnancy Survey

How far along: 12 Week, 4 days
Weight gain/loss: Gained 9 so far!
Maternity clothes: Heck yeah!
Sleep: Lots of potty breaks so not great sleep.
Best moment this week: Reaching out to women on my Facebook because of National  Infertility Awareness Week and when my dad sang the song he wrote for Noah called "Baby A, Baby B, Baby C."
Miss Anything? Playing with Noah constantly and cleaning the house.
Movement: Yes!
Food cravings: Not yet, but have an aversion to gluten free stuff!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Mornings when I am dehydrated and hungry.
Have you started to show yet? Heck yes.
Gender predictions: I think Boy, Girl, Girl; Tim thinks Boy, Boy, Girl. Baby A reminds me of how Noah looked in my womb, Baby B is chill, and C is little so that’s my reasoning on my predictions!
Worries: That Baby A’s placenta will not migrate as it should.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Out! (I have a natural half-outie though!)
Stretch Marks: No
Mood: Mostly happy this week!
Weekly Wisdom: For Infertility Awareness Week- It only takes one (or three!)
Looking forward to: Seeing Dr. M in a week and a half and seeing how long I can carry these babies and meeting them!


Our "Little" Family of 3. Actually, I am 5 weeks pregnant here so, our big family of 6!

N: Mom, I'm so bored playing with you. Can you please have another baby? M: Sure, how about three. N: Score!



No comments:

Post a Comment